Pages

My Story From The Begining

Saturday 6 April 2013

Who Ever Said You Get Sleep in a Hospital-April 4, 2013

I had a terrible sleep last night or wait a minute I didn't sleep at all I had to be woken up every hour to have my blood sugars tested bc they decided to put me on an insulin drip while I was not able to eat those few days and until I can eat again not till 5pm tonight. Haven't eaten since Tuesday! Every time they took my blood sugars they had to adjust the insulin dose I was receiving. oh and I was thawing up from the pain medication I was getting so that was fun as well And they come tell me at 8:15 that I am booked downstairs for an ultrasound and x-ray. Might I add I am in pain from my procedure yesterday. I am getting gravol and Dilaudid which are helping but basically make me fall fast asleep. The ultra sound is part of my transplant work up. They tech takes images of all of my organs including my carotid artery to make sure they are fine and my artery is going to be ok for getting another catheter put in when a second transplant happens. I have x-rays of my back, spine and jaw. This measures the size of my chest cavity and spine and my jaw to make sure the tubes will have no problem with getting the tubes down during transplant surgery. I am downstairs having these tests for over 3 hours. That was my day today probably going to sleep for most of the day from the lack of sleep last night and the cocktail of painkillers. Oh ya I'm so not complaining about anything just trying to keep this blog honest with everything.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amie,
    I'm hoping that you're fast asleep this morning while all of the healing takes place. Can't wait to hear about you enjoying some ???? dill pickle soup ??? that some kind person will have snuck in to the hospital! :-) Big hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Connie. Yes Dill Pickle Soup so good from one of my favorite restaurants on whyte ave called The Continental Treat. Thank you for all the lovely comments I have accepted the challenge of a second transplant and know the waiting is going to be the hardest part. I feel guilty that I may have this chance when there are others still waiting for there first transplant. I have been able to accomplish a lot of stuff over the past 12 years and often think how unfair life is for people like your dear Kristian who never even got the chance to live her dreams. Even though I'm sure she sure is making up for that now. I feel like i was with her during her journey as she had a wonderful blog and I really appreciated her sharing with me as well. Just wanted you to know I still think of Kristian often. All my Love!

      Delete