Pages

My Story From The Begining

Thursday 4 April 2013

More tests results and finally NG tube is a success- April 2. 2013

Finally I get the NG tube in today. The nurse that did it was good and gentle and it went in with ease. After the nurse sets it all up she tells me this was only her second time doing one! Man is she ever lucky she did a good job. Lol so bc they couldn't get the NG tube put in they decided to book it tomorrow instead of today. So now I have to fast till my feeding tube procedure. I also had a cardiologist come speak with me regarding my test results from my Echocardiogram. I have always had a slight heart murmur or leak in my left value but it was never anything to be concerned about bc lots of people have them and they don't even know it. I guess the leak has gotten bigger so now my heart is pumping blood from the left atrium to the left ventricle and blood is flowing back into the left atrium making my heart pump more blood the is needed and if it gets worse or doesn't get fixed there is potential for heart failure. Awesome first my lungs and no my heart. So now the surgeons have to look into two different options for my transplant either I have a lung transplant and they fix the valve at the same time or I go on the list for a double lung/ heart transplant. The surgeon is deciding what is going to be the best option for me. So I had to start fasting again at 6pm and I only got supper today to eat bc they thought I may still be getting the feeding tube today so now I wait again till tomorrow to have my procedure. Now I have to start the IV meds all over again. And now I have to hurry up and wait

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amie,
    I did not know that you had this blog going.... I read about it on Facebook. Thanks for taking the time to inform us of what's going on.
    You are one strong, determined young lady. I'm happy to hear that you're accepting the challenge of considering a second transplant. You're in such wonderful hands there! I believe SO much in the power of prayer and will be praying for you and your family every step of the way! Big hugs.... Connie

    ReplyDelete